BCAC Members and Community Friends
Thanks to everyone that joined us Monday night at the Berryessa Community Center for a special Monthly Meeting.
Attached is the Agenda for the July 11th Meeting at the Community Center (3050 Berryessa Road) that will start at 7:00PM. The meeting has two objectives
- Get Membership and Community thoughts on how the BCAC can better serve our community, and
- Membership and Community Engagement in Opposition to the Proposal to Site a 100-bed “Tiny Home” shelter on Noble Ave
In order to make good use of our time, President Locke asked that I include a presentation of what the BCAC has accomplished and has planned. We ask that you review the presentation and come prepared to make requests and recommend priorities for 2023 and beyond.
- What do you want more of/less of?
- What is missing that needs BCAC involvement?
- Who do you want monthly/periodic reports from?
- What are our unmet community needs?
Then we will move to a discussion of the City Decision to Site a 100-Bed Tiny Home Community on Noble Ave. Five years ago the Berryessa community and the BCAC OPPOSED the same proposal, and the City opted for a two-site, de-scoped program. In June the City Council overruled Council Member Cohen’s appeal for public outreach prior to decision-making and voted 8-2 to proceed. We want to hear your thoughts on how you and we can work together to reverse this decision and demand community outreach PRIOR to any “Tiny Homes” encampment.